Updated for the 13th Edition of AABB’s Standards for Relationship Testing Laboratories!
Earn a Certificate of Training from AABB and be included on the list of qualified collection suppliers given quarterly to AABB Accredited Relationship Testing Laboratories worldwide.
Become a Registered Collector -
AABB offers a certificate course for individuals who would like to be recognized as AABB-trained sample collectors for relationship testing purposes. This web-based course was developed by subject-matter and quality expert, Marsha Deitz, MBA, MT (ASCP), CQA (ASQ), who is also the lead assessor for AABB relationship testing facilities.
To educate collectors on the requirements for collection of samples, improve quality, and provide the accredited facilities with resources for collection of samples.
Course will teach individuals the proper controlled process for obtaining a sample for relationship testing. Topics include:
- Quality Control
- Chain of custody documentation
- Common Errors
- Secure transport to the testing laboratory
- New requirements for immigration cases
- Learn straight from the lead assessor!
- Self-paced, online, audio-visual program that takes approximately an hour and a half to complete.
- A pre-test is provided as a pdf file to review prior to watching the program.
- A post-test is accessed after viewing the webinar. 80% correct on the post-test is required for successful completion.
- Two attempts to pass the post-test are provided. If the learner fails the first attempt, he/she will be prompted to review the training webinar again before completing the 2nd attempt. If unsuccessful on the 2nd attempt, the learner will not be provided additional attempts and re-purchase of the program is strictly prohibited. The learner will be able to purchase and attempt the 14th edition version when available (late 2019).
- After successfully completing the post-test, an official AABB certificate of completion is provided.
- Successful individuals will earn a
Certificate of Training from AABB and be
included on the list of qualified collection suppliers given quarterly to AABB Accredited Relationship Testing Laboratories worldwide. The certificate is valid for the duration of the current edition of the AABB Standards for Relationship Testing Laboratories (valid through December 31, 2019).
Current edition: 13th Edition
Effective date: January 1, 2018
Expiration date: December 31, 2019
Revision cycle: 24 months (January of even numbered years)
How to Register & Access
Register online through the AABB Marketplace. Once purchased, access will be provided via email from AABB CommPartners within 72 hours (email from firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line will read “Webinar Login Instructions”). The email will contain instructions and a link to the recording. Please make sure to check your junk or spam email for this email.
Please note: Access to the program belongs exclusively to the person named during the registration process. That person may transfer the registration to someone else as long as the program has not been accessed or completed. The transfer must be in writing from the original registrant and must be received no later than the final registration date (send to
email@example.com). Once the program is completed and a certificate has been issued, the certificate cannot be transferred, it belongs to the individual registered in the program.
November 17, 2017 – December 31, 2018: $99
January 1, 2019 – June 30, 2019: $59
July 1, 2019 – December 15, 2019: $29
The AABB does not grandfather any existing credentials or offer training reciprocity for any credentials, prior training or related experience for the Relationship Testing Collection Training Program. In order to receive the certificate of training, all registrants must successfully complete the program.
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received by AABB will receive a refund less a $10 administrative fee. There will be no refunds for cancellations if program is accessed.
Contact the AABB eLearning Department:
*Prices subject to change.